PL-65HS Hydraulic Power Lift, 5 1/2" Setback, with Gauge
Shipping weight approximately 55 lbs.
A Market Leader in Transom Jacks and After Market Tilt and Trims!
We are an authorized dealer, and one of the largest, of CMC manufacturing. Download the CMC full product manual here.
Improved Performance For All Outboards
The Power-Lift can improve the performance of virtually any type outboard. This unique outboard motor hydraulic lifting device works independently of your power trim and tilt to allow the boat-motor-prop combination to work at it's maximum efficiency. The Power-Lift gives you the ability to adjust your motor down, for better out of the hole shots or up for better top end speed, better fuel efficiency, and more prop clearance in shallow water. With the touch of a switch the Power-Lift makes it easy to find that optimum height for any condition while underway at full speed! Ideal for ski, bass, or work boats. In order for your outboard to perform at its full potential and efficiency, it should be adjusted to different heights at different speeds, water conditions and loads in your boat. The Power-Lift will set your motor back away from the transom 5 1/2 inches which allows the prop to run in "cleaner" water giving the prop a better "bite" and eliminating prop slippage. The system is made of 100% non-ferrous material which makes it impervious to saltwater and freshwater use.
Superior Design And Construction
Superior quality has made the Power-Lift the #1 selling transom jack in the world! We have been manufacturing top quality transom jacks longer than most of our competitors have been in business. No short cuts are taken at CMC. Computer aided design and precision machining of the Power-Lift is done totally at our facility so you can be sure to get the best quality transom jack at a very competitive price. The Power-Lift utilizes a totally waterproof 12 volt DC marine hydraulic system that is rated OVER 7800 Pounds of thrust. More lifting capacity than any other transom jack on the market. It is 40% more powerful and much more dependable than electro-mechanical transom jacks on the market. The motor bracket moves up and down on a transom bracket by use of rollers Machined from aluminum-bronze alloy. These rollers are highly impact resistant, Corrosive resistant, and have a high load carrying capacity. Thrust is eliminated by the stainless steel pin through this roller with a self lubricating non-metallic material (G.S.M. Nylatron) used for thrust guides on either side of the rollers. This feature eliminates any vibration or "shimmy" due to load applied from high powered outboards. This patented design virtually eliminates any chance of binding, which is common with other transom jacks.
- Features Of Patented Hydraulic Power-Lift® (U.S. Patent 4,482,330)
Made of 1/2 inch 6061 T6 alloy aluminum extrusions and fastened with stainless steel fasteners. Ideal for fresh or salt water use. No welds or castings to break.
- The dependable self contained and water proof hydraulic actuator has a lifting capacity of 7853 pounds of thrust. More than any other transom jack. You will have no problem lifting even a V-8 motor at full throttle. The hydraulic actuator is mounted inside the structure of the Power-Lift, yet it is fully accessible without removing the engine. There are no hoses to contain, nor will you have to contend with mounting a pump and reservoir inside your boat, as is the need with other transom jacks. The hydraulic actuator is completely self-contained with its own fluid reservoir (eliminates the need for hydraulic tank and hoses inside the boat). It contains a permanent magnet motor for more power and R.P.M.. The cylinder within the actuator has twice the lifting capacity than other transom jacks on the market. It contains a no-leak seal and wiper seal that keeps dirt and water out of the working parts. The system is made of 100% non-ferrous material which makes it impervious to saltwater and freshwater.
- The patented roller design means less friction, longer wear, less maintenance, and virtually no binding problems which are common with other transom jacks. The roller assembly contains a stainless steel 3/4" pin with aluminum-bronze alloy rollers. The roller is highly impact resistant, corrosive resistant, and has a high load carrying capacity. This patented design virtually eliminates ny chance of binding which is common with other transom jacks.
Our most popular model, the PL-65 is rated for V-6 motors and smaller and gives you 5" of vertical travel with 1-1/2" of adjustment on the motor bracket and 1-1/2" of adjustment on the transom bracket. A TOTAL OF 8" OF POSSIBLE ADJUSTMENT! It also can be purchased with stainless steel motor rails, Model PL-65SS (for V-8 motors).
Get the performance you deserve from your older rig and don't even consider a new rig without a CMC Power-Lift as an absolute part of your option package. Join the thousands of satisfied CMC Power-Lift Users.
Add an optional 2 1/2" spacer plate to the 5 1/2" model to give you 8" of total setback.
Don't take our word for it, hear from satisfied customers!
If you've been wondering why so many people use CMC Power-Lifts, the answer is simple. Nothing compares when it comes to performance, durability and strength. There are more CMC Power-Lifts on the B.A.S.S. tournament trail than any other transom jack. B.A.S.S. pros have found superior quality and dependability with the CMC Power-Lift. Major boat manufacturers include them in their boat packages as standard equipment. Don't settle for second best, get the most for your money with a top quality CMC Power-Lift.
"I love it! Your hydraulic jack plate is terrific. I'm getting better performance and lift out of my boat than I ever experienced without it! Being able to run safely in shallower, vegetated water was essential to getting to the fish."
Penny B. -Arkansas
"...It's not just the product quality and performance but the people who continue to make CMC the only jack plate for my boats."
Eric T. -Indiana
"Your company makes one heck of a strong jack plate. About two years ago I bought my first CMC hydraulic jack plate used from a guy who can make mincemeat out of boats and motors. The jack plate, however, worked fine. I am impressed with the product that you build and will always own a CMC jackplate."
Patrick K. -Michigan
"I have been aware of the quality and versatility of your products for quite some time. Naturally when I recently purchased a new tournament boat with an Evinrude 200, I specified that it be outfitted with a CMC hydraulic Power-Lift. This unit has performed beyond my least expectations. Since my boat is 19' 6" long, I expected to have problems getting onto plane but have found that the Power-Lift gives excellent hole shot capability. Also, by running the unit to the top position I've found that I can run in as little as 18" of water with no problem."
Jack G. -Georgia
"It is a rare occurrence that causes me to write such a complimentary letter. Today, however, I experienced absolutely astounding service from your company and I feel compelled to thank you. ...I am totally dumbfounded and thrilled with your company's customer support/service. I wanted you to be aware of this and know that I will pass on my highest praise regarding CMC jackplates and your company to anyone who will listen. In today's world of indifferent or completely lacking service it is a genuine pleasure to do business with such a quality-conscious organization. THANK YOU."
Gerald H. -Nevada
"The PT-130 works like a dream and the performance is great. Now I can go fishing by myself and load my boat without running the prop in shallow water."
Corky C. -Missouri
"While on Lake Erie I was checked by the U.S. Coast Guard. The two officers were immediately impressed by the PT-130's solid construction. Both officers commented that it was the best built after-market model they had ever seen. So you not only impressed me, a sheet metal fabricator, but also the U.S. Coast Guard."
Craig L. -Ohio
"At the lake I was somewhat hesitant at first to use the throttle too hard or too fast. After a while, I did everything possible to test the unit. I couldn't be more pleased and satisfied with it's performance. The PT-130 Power Tilt and Trim is truly a quality piece of marine engineering."
Russ S. -Indiana
"I wanted to say that I have enjoyed my PT-130 100%, and it kept me from turning my bass boat over on one occasion. I was caught in a strong head wind (75 Mph) ahead of a tornado. I trimmed the motor in because the wind was picking up the front of the boat. If it wasn't for the quick response of the PT-130, I would have lost my rig that day."
Jimmy C. -Kentucky
"I bought one of your tilt/trim units last spring and several of the guys thought I'd lost my mind when they saw the unit on the back of my 16 ft. Jon Boat. (That guys got more money than good sense)....The joke ended up on them. By mounting the unit as high as possible on the boat and using a little prior knowledge of the river- I went up into areas that were only accessible by jet drives - or someone who didn't mind tearing up a prop - to catch shad near the dam. I could easily run in water that I would normally have not even tried to operate in, with no damage to the motor, prop, or boat. This thing has worked wonders for me, and I want to Thank You!"
J P Madren -N. Carolina
"I just bought and received a PT-35 Power Trim & Tilt, I installed it with a help of a friend, and had no trouble at all, in fact I was amazed at how easy it was. I have a 30 hp Honda long shaft outboard and the tilt works great. I will tell all of my fishing buddies about it."
Thank You, L. Smith
"I have tested the boat for several hours with the PT-35. I also ran the boat for three days prior to instillation of the unit allowing me to make a before and after comparison. The PT-35 has proven to be a very valuable addition to the Whipray. The boat runs much more efficiently and the unit allows the motor to be lifted for shallow water slow running. I am thrilled with the size, weight, and performance of the unit. I endorse the product and have already recommended it to many other Whipray owners and potential owners"
Steve P. -Florida
"I purchased my PT-130 on 3/17/99 and have used it approximately 15 times. So far it is awesome. I'm not near as tired and my back doesn't hurt after fishing. I just went four days in a row, and the next day I didn't even feel like I had been fishing. Satisfied so far,"
M. Abramson -Georgia
CMC Power Lifts
Some Other Brands
We publish our total weight which includes the structure, hydraulic actuator full of fluid, wiring, & mounting hardware.
Total Weight: 45 lbs. (#65002)
Without Hydraulic Actuator, Wiring, or Hardware Weight: 33 lbs. (#65002)
They only give you the weight of their structure. They do not include the pump/motor assembly, wiring, hydraulic hoses, or fluid. Some claim, "the lightest on the market". You do the math!
Total Weight: ?????
1. Remove engine.
2. Using the included stainless steel hardware, bolt the Power-Lift to your transom.
3. Bolt your engine to the Power-Lift.
4. Connect the wiring to the positive and negative posts of your battery.
5. Mount the switch on the dash of your boat.
1. Remove engine.
2. Go to hardware store and buy stainless steel hardware.
3. Bolt the unit to your boat.
4. Locate the hydraulic pump and reservoir.
5. Look for a vacant area inside your hull.
6. Get a drill and drill holes on the inside of your hull.
7. Get two more stainless steel bolts and bolt the hydraulic unit to the inside of your hull.
8. Locate the hydraulic lines. Attach the hydraulic lines to the cylinder of the unit.
9. Run the hydraulic lines over the transom of your boat. Tilt the engine and make sure the hydraulic lines are not in the way and do not get smashed. You may need to cut a separate hole in the transom and insert a rubber grommet.
10. Attach the hydraulic lines to the hydraulic pump located inside your hull.
11. Fill the hydraulic reservoir with fluid.
12. Connect the wiring to the positive and negative posts of your battery.
13. Mount the switch on the dash of your boat.
14. Run the unit up and down to bleed the hydraulic system and lines of air.
15. Top off with fluid, you may need to repeat #14 several times.
16. Grease all fittings.
Machined totally out of 1/2" and 3/4" 6061 T6 aluminum alloy and fastened with stainless steel fasteners.
Because of the design, the Power-Lift has the same strength all the way up as it does all the way down. The PL-65 is rated up to 300 horsepower.
1/2", 3/8", and 1/4" aluminum alloy. The unit gets weaker the further it is raised. This causes "flex" which results in loss of performance.
All wiring, switches, and stainless steel mounting hardware are included.
|Owner's manual with step by step instructions, diagrams, and pictures:||Yes, Included with every unit.||N/A|
Self lubricating non-metallic material used for thrust guides on either side of the rollers.
|Periodic greasing is required.|
Now: $799.00 - $834.00
Now: $2,549.00 - $3,840.00